Friday, December 20, 2013

More unfinished projects!

Just when I thought I had blogged about ALL my unfinished projects, I 
have a few more to add to the list.  My birthday is in December and my daughter and son-in-law gave me this dessert roll.
Since I couldn't have a dessert roll without a pattern, I ordered myself this DESSERT ROLL QUILTS book.  Now I have a dessert roll with a plan.

Then a friend came over with this gift for my birthday.  A bundle of fat quarters in woolies flannel.  Love the feel of this fabric.  Hummm . . . I see a quilt for myself brewing from these dear fat quarters.

 And then I realized I had a few more unfinished projects lurking in my sewing room.  This jelly roll quilt was one my daughter started some embroidery blocks for years ago.  Since the embroider blocks were never completed, I guess I will have to sew the blocks together to make a lap quilt.  At least then it would be a quilt and not just orphan blocks.

 And a kit from my Civil War club I was in a few years back.  Now, what did I do with the star pattern that goes with that?  LOL!
Oh, and this beauty!  A quilted jacket.  Would I ever wear this now?  I don't know.  I may need to turn this into a quilt rather than a jacket, but it needs to become something useful.  There are a lot of dollars tied up in all that fabric.  



 I hope that completes my list.  When I posted last time about having 39 UFO quilts, I was actually wrong.  I miscounted with my list last time as one picture is 3 quilts all the same for fit-to-frame quilts.  So, it is a GRAND TOTAL of 46 unfinished projects.  Oh my goodness, that is a daunting number.  I will do my best in 2014 to finish, rather than start with more new things.  Should be an interesting year!

1 comment: